The Brenda Houston Collection
Award winning designer Brenda Houston has designed a comprehensive collection of organic and unique furniture, lighting and accessories that feature natural and green materials used in a sophisticated manner, creating exclusive, bespoke pieces that layer into residential, retail and hospitality arenas. Each piece in the collection features designs of unparalleled luxury that can be handed down for generations to come.
The company’s clients include top interior design firms, celebrities, Royal Family members, and luxury hoteliers throughout the world.
Houston is proud to produce her entire line within the United States.
A native of Texas, Brenda Houston launched her company in 2008 after 25 years of award winning visual and store design experience with luxury retailers such as David Yurman, Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue. Houston has worked with such great designers as Issey Miyake, Giorgio Armani, and Donna Karan to convey their brand images through visual design. In 2007 Houston was awarded Best of the Year in Store Design for the David Yurman flagship store in Beverly Hills designed in collaboration with Yabu Pushelberg.
Longing to be more involved in residential and hospitality projects, Houston launched her company in 2008 with the introduction of a lighting collection made predominately out of minerals. Houston layered in home accessories and furniture the following year and debuted at the Architectural Digest Show in 2009. In 2010, Architectural Digest awarded Brenda Houston Designer’s Choice for Top Accessories at the show; an award voted on by leading interior designers. “This is an exciting time for me, after ten years of concentrated design in the jewelry industry, I suppose I am transferring that over to designing jewelry for the home.”
Houston balances her time between Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York with her dogs Cooper and Diego.
- Nominated for Best Table Design 2012 – Interior Design Magazine
- Designer’s Choice for Top Accessories – Architectural Digest Show 2011
- Architectural Digest Show Featured Designer in luxury sector 2010
- GlobalShop keynote speaker 2008
- Interior Design Magazine- “Best of Year 2007″ for Luxury
- DDI Magazine Top 10 Best New Store Design 2007
- Color and Design Expo Featured Speaker 2007
- Recipient of the Chain Store Age Magazine Store Design of the Year 2005
- VMSD award of Merit in Store Design 2005